Automated Storage And Retrieval System
The automated retrieval system is a system that typically suits high density storage of excess SKU’s. As you may have heard, automated retrieval systems have revolutionized the warehouse and distribution center environment by protecting its company capital investments. As the wave of the future, automated retrieval systems have proven to have a return on investment of anywhere from 3-5 years. After the system pays for itself, the company experiences a major budget cut by reducing manpower, equipment leases or purchases, maintenance and accidents. The way it works is simple, the forklift sets the load over the pallet cart which then transports the load over a dedicated lane into the proper pallet destination.
- Quicker loading and unloading speed since the forklift does not have to enter the storage system.
- Ability to store up to 50 pallets deep.
- Allows for better inventory control with the storage of multiple SKUs per module and therefore achieving a higher number of pallets.
- Reduces the risk of accident as most take place in cramped spaces.
- By eliminating the need of forklifts in the system, your system experiences less damage and in turn retains longer use.
- Increase the flow of incoming or outgoing pallets by adding more carts.
- Extractable carts to be allocated in the bay necessary.
- Allocates pallets to best fit for width within the channels.
- Level height is redeemed as forklift loading and picking height is adjusted to the necessary versus the drivers judgment.
- Regulated with precise sensors, the pallet cart controls how the pallet is moved.
- Regulate cart retrieval from a easy to use remote control.
- Last In First Out (LIFO) as well as First In First Out (FIFO) systems.