Push back rack systems are available in structural or roll-formed frames. Push back rack systems work by placing pallet loads on a series of nesting low profile carts fed forward by gravity on structural steel rails. As pallets are loaded from the front, the former pallet pushes the pallet behind it back one position. The front pallet is removed when unloading and the rear pallets automatically come forward to the front picking position. This allows for easily accessible inventory management when the last in, is the first one out. Operators can store product from 2-6 pallets deep, with only front loading from a single aisle. Push back rack offers more versatile storage than drive-in rack because each lane flows independently and vertical storage operates separately from the lanes below. At best configuration, push back rack systems provide the best high density storage solutions than any other system.
- Ideal storage for multiple SKU numbers
- Ability to combine with carton flow and pallet flow into a structural rack skeleton or selective rack option
- Low profile cart for more vertical space
- Bumper stop restraint at the beginning of each rail
- Reduces labor costs with front loading/unloading abilities that do not require an excessive use of forklift and labor, thus reducing equipment use and maintenance costs
- Reduces space up to 65% with a 6-deep pick solution